These are unique times that the world finds itself in dealing with a pandemic such as Covid-19 and Bloodstock South Africa is mindful of the challenges facing us all on a global level and in particular, those that face the thoroughbred breeding community in South Africa.
Following President Cyril Ramaphosa’s address to the Nation on 15 March 2020 and in line with his urging for a responsible approach to the Covid-19 Virus, there are specific restrictions on public gatherings that need to be adhered to.
As such Bloodstock South Africa will be implementing the following change of dates regarding its 2020 Sales programme:
• The Emperors Palace National Yearling Sale will be postponed from its current date of 22, 23 & 24 April 2020. The proposed new dates are 20, 21 & 22 May 2020, but remain provisional and will be reviewed on 16 April 2020 (as this mirrors government’s target date for the evaluation of the situation surrounding the Covid-19 pandemic)
• As such the tentative provisional dates for the remaining BSA sales are:
– Cape Mare Sale 11 June 2020
– Kwa Zulu Natal Yearling Sale 23 and 24 July 2020 (weekend of Champions Cup & Gold Cup)
– Emperors Palace National Two-Year-Old Sale 17 and 18 September 2020
– Emperors Palace Ready to Run and November Two Year Old Sale 1 November 2020
Bloodstock South Africa thanks everyone for their understanding in this matter and assures them that decisions were not taken lightly but in the interests of the safety of the thoroughbred breeding community at large.
The safety of our staff, vendors, buyers and suppliers is of utmost importance and we will be closely monitoring the designated channels of authority within South Africa and provide relevant updates where necessary. Should you have any questions or queries please contact Bloodstock South Africa.
Bloodstock South Africa Board